Royal trek is one of the shortest trek best for those who is short of time yet want to experience the incredible views of mountains and get acquainted with the village life. The trek is named so because Prince Charles- Prince of Wales had explored this route in 1980s. The trek follows the foothills of the Annapurna north to Pokhara valley. It offers the stunning views of Annapurna range, Mt. Machhapuchhre, Dhaulagiri ranges and Manaslu mountain. Also you can familiarize yourself with countryside, local culture of ethnic group people living together. The trek starts from the beautiful city of Pokhara passing through the terraced fields of the local Gurung village and ends at Begnas lake west to Pokhara.
About Royal Trek
Trip Cost : USD 725
Duration : 9 Days
Destination : Nepal
Trip Highlights: Trek through foothills of Annapurna, Gurung hamlets, Gurkha land, terraced lands, dramatic view of Annapurna ranges, Dhaulagiri ranges, Mt. Machhapuchhre, Mt. Manaslu, get familiar with traditional lifestyle, culture and traditios.
Difficulty level: Easy
Best Months: All time throughout the year (Jan - Dec)
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu, Airport Pick up and check in at the hotel.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
Introduction with the office staffs. Experience the real Kathmandu with our tour guide by visiting different cultures, ancient and historical places of Kathmandu. Last minute preparation for your trekking.
Day 03: Drive to Pokhara
Driving time: 6 to 7 hours
Your guide will come to your hotel by 6:30 and take you to the Tourist Bus station. After reaching Pokhara, enjoy walking along the Lake Side or go for a boating at the Fewa Lake. Stay overnight at the hotel.
Day 04: Drive to Bijayapur then Trek to Kalikathan (1370m)
Walking time: 4 hours
After breakfast, your trekking starts with a drive to Bijayapur by car which takes approximately 30 minutes. The trail is uphill for around 4 hours passing local villages. Here along the way you can see local traditional houses, farming land, Valley view, Mountain View, Mixed Ethnic groups likes Brahmin and Chhetri, and Indigenous Village. Overnight at Kalikasthan at simple homestay.
Day 05: Kalikathan to Lipini (1630m)
Walking time: 5 hours
The trail is easy and follows the road through the forest ridge from Thulokot to Mati Thana where there is some local tea shop. Then there is a short climb up to Naudanda (not the one at the west of Pokhara), then the trail continues to follow the ridge until Lipini. There is not much water tap along the way.
Day 06: Lipini to Chisopani
Walking hour: 4 hours
Today you have the option to follow the trekking trail or just the road which you have to decide from Lipini. The trial is steeply uphill all the way to Shaklung ridge where you can see nice view of valley and 360 degree panoramic views of the mountains. Then the trail descends through forest until large tree called Choutara. The last part of the trail is steeply uphill all the way to Chisopani. Overnight at basic home stay.
Day 07: Chisopani to Begnas Lake then drive to Pokhara.
Walking time: 4 hours
The trail goes through the local village and then there is a gradual descent for about an hour, then descends steeply downhill until the Rupa Taal. Then the trail continues gradually uphill to the ridge. From the ridge you can see nice view of Begnas Taal & Rupa Taal. Then descend to the Begnas bazaar where you will catch the local bus to Pokhara. Enjoy around the Pokhara.
Day 08: Drive Back to Kathmandu
Driving time: 6 to 7 hour
Early in the morning proceed to the Tourist Bus Park, where you can catch the bus to Kathmandu. You know already the bumpy road if you like to fly Pokhara to Kathmandu also possible which you are needed to pay yourself. Then stay one more night Kathmandu hotel which is included in the package, rest of time walk around Thamel & buy present with your family or friends.
Day 09: Farewell
End of the trip and transfer to the International Airport.
Our Package Includes:
- Pickups and drops from airport/hotel
- Accommodation in 3 star or 3 star equivalent hotels in Kathmandu.
- Accommodation at basic tea house during trekking.
- All 3 meals per day during the trek (BLD)
- An experienced English speaking trekking guide
- Salary, accommodation, insurance and meals for guide and porter
- Rescue and Travel arrangements
- Complimentary trekking map per group
- Trekking gears (down jacket and sleeping bag)
- All necessary paper works and permits, all government and local taxes
- Medical kit
Our Package Excludes:
- Tips to the guide, porters and drivers.
- International air tickets
- Visa fees
- Medical evacuation when in emergency
- Travel insurance
- Extra Lunch/Dinner
- Extra drinks and liquors
- Any other expense not listed above
List of Equipment (Mandatory)
- Waterproof walking boots with suitable ankle support .
- Loose, casual waterproof trousers for trekking.
- Thermal coats
- Warm socks
- Long sleeved shirts.
- Thermal shirt for colder areas.
- Warm shirt, possibly fleece for colder areas.
- Fleece jacket or warm wool jumper.
- Windproof, waterproof outer shell garment for higher altitudes.
- Down jacket (optional for cold nights & mornings; can be hired in Kathmandu cheaply)
- Wool or fleece hat, or balaclava.
- Hat or cap for sun protection while trekking.
- Warm gloves
- Strong rucksack to be carried by porters.
- Day sack to be carried personally.
- Plastic bags or stuff sacks to store/separate trekking gear inside your main bag.
- One liter water bottle.
- Personal first aid kit
- Sleeping bag, 4 season.
- Torch, ideally head torch.
- Camera, spare battery and battery charger!
- Toilet items and towel.
- Large handkerchief/bandana for neck